It's Always the Quiet One

Rambling about life, culture, Project Runway, and the occasional fruity drink.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Daniel V. and Clutter

Ah, there's Daniel... I'm not sure what it is about him that makes me so interested. Makes me think a bit of Ringo Starr in his younger days (probably the hair/nose combination). Just seems to have the whole deal - personality, cuteness, good taste in clothes. Oh well, he'll make some lucky person happy someday. :) If I'd known him in college he would have been the kind of guy I'd be good friends with (not date - well, okay, MAYBE date).

Anyway, enough about Dan. I'm drowning in papers here. Everything I do seems to require a ton of paper. Right now my desk contains: a cardboard box of drawings to go through, 3 sketch books, a sudoku grid, 2 scratch pads, a spiral notebook, applications for death certificates (I'm into genealogy, don't think I mentioned that before) that I need to fill out and mail, 2 envelopes containing filled-out applications to mail, a totally full in-box of stuff that I'll probably end up pitching, a bunch of mail I got this weekend, and 4 magazines that I need to go through and cut things out of, thus creating even more paper. And this is just the top of it! I won't even go into the drawers and cabinets. And the recycling box under my desk is pushing critical mass also. No matter how often I clear this stuff out, it always seems to be right back at the same level the next day. I think the papers are actually alive and plotting against me.

But don't anybody touch it! I know RIGHT where EVERYTHING is. It's a system. It's pathetic, but it's mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home