It's Always the Quiet One

Rambling about life, culture, Project Runway, and the occasional fruity drink.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What Happened to Proofreading?

I don't usually watch Access Hollywood, but while my husband was flipping through channels I happened to catch a very short blurb on Marcia Cross being put on bed rest (she's expecting twins). As 'newsmagazine' shows are so fond of doing, they put up a little fake headline with a clever attempt at a pun, as shown here (captured from the free video feed on their website, which I'll probably get sued for).BUT this is NOT what I saw!! What I saw was this (and yes, I re-edited the capture because the version that aired is NOT what ended up on their website 20 minutes later, and I wanted you to see what I saw).

Can you spot the difference? It was on the screen for maybe ten seconds, but my eagle eye spotted it anyway. I made my husband rewind the DVR so I could make sure I actually saw what I thought I saw, and even he was surprised that made it on the air during the broadcast.

I know I'm not the only person watching Access Hollywood tonight that saw it. (Well, okay, I just said my husband saw it, so I guess we're not the only 2 people.) Someone at Access Hollywood caught it too (after it aired of course, because nobody was checking the spelling when they put the clip together!!) and it got changed rather quickly.

I'm aware that this is the age of 'get it in the media fast!' but come on. Do some basic proofreading first, so people like me don't catch your mistakes and blog about them.

*Did you see it? Leave a comment!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the world where housewives are also independAnt, why should we care whether they're singular or plural?

I saw something on another blog about the horizontal, vertical, and "spacial", but since that blog led me here I'm going to ignore it and hope it quietly corrects itself.

Thanks for having me.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home