It's Always the Quiet One

Rambling about life, culture, Project Runway, and the occasional fruity drink.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, today is my birthday, and I am just sittin' around, taking it easy, not doing much. This year I am finally bowing to culture and getting myself an iPod. I thought about getting one last year, but opted to just replace my portable CD player instead. I also got a very nice bar of chocolate as a present from someone who knows me very well and told me that she was sure I'd much rather have chocolate than a card. Too true! Tonight I will go do something fun but I haven't decided what to do yet.

I also talked to my mom - she usually tries to call me at the time I was born (thankfully it is late morning and not 2am like my sister). This year I was supposed to answer the phone and go "waaahh!", which is what my mom would have heard at that time the day I was born (had it not been back in the day when they still gave powerful drugs as a rule rather than the exception). I don't think I cried. I was a good baby. :) Anyway, I forgot I was supposed to do that, and said, "Hello?" to which my mom replied, "Hey, what were you supposed to do??" so I racked my brain for a second or two and then cried as requested. We had a good laugh over it, which is a nice thing to do on your birthday.

And no, you can't ask how old I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tbone said...

I'm guessing 29....

6:07 PM  
Blogger TLo said...

Happy Birthday, darlling. Great site and recpas. Good job!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home